Sunday, February 19, 2012

My First Week Off (I could get used to this)

Alrighty, folks. It's time for another blog update. Whooooooo!! I have refrained from doing so because I have not been feeling well over the past few weeks, but also because I was off on my half-term break. Which means...MUSEUMS GALORE!!!

Chelsea has been such a wonderful friend to have around and check out the sights with. She is so considerate and it's great because she seems to enjoy the same exhibits as I do. So it's great going into a museum with someone who appreciates the same things.

The first one on our list was the Natural History Museum. btw. Did I mention that most of the museums here are FREE? The items the British "collected" from their empires are on display for all to see...and you don't even have to pay a cent pence! When you decide that you want to come over and visit me, we shall again embark on these FREE museums. Did I already tell you that they're FREE? FREE! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

*sigh* such a wonderful word. Music to my ears.

Oh yes, it's a glorious day!



But I digress...

At the Natural History Museum, we got to see dinosaurs, whales, and birds (oh my!). All dead (oh dear!). I have proof:

Stuffed hummingbird, anyone?


Next up was the British Museum. Something I've been wanting to go to for a LONG time! There, we saw all sorts of things including our favourite -- the Mummies! It was great because we got to listen to experts talk about the artefacts and give a more detailed history of the objects. It was really cool to see the Rosetta Stone -- that one piece of rock turned out to be the key in decoding Egyptian hieroglyphics.

What does this gibberish mean?


The Rosetta stone will tell you!


Seeing the preserved mummies was such a neat experience. It was hard to fathom that behind that bullet-proof glass and underneath all those bandages were the skeletal remains of an ancient being.

I vant to suck your blood...oh wait. That's Dracula...


Lastly, we went to the Victoria and Albert museum where we saw old clothing and a bunch of other old things (I was clearly not feeling well today...haha. Must go back to this museum so I can gaze at the splendour of all items Royal and British)

The week was full of amazing experiences. On Monday, Chelsea wasn't feeling well so I went to picadilly circus with Nathan. It was gorgeous! Kind of like the Madison Square Gardens of London (or MSG is the Picadilly of New York?)

Yes, Nathan CAN be in two places at once!

On Tuesday, we were walking along and heard people singing songs we knew outside of a church. We went up to them and it turns out they were a group from YWAM! We joined them in what they were doing (street ministry) and gave out chocolates to people on Valentine Day. I must admit, people here are sooooo suspicious when you try to give them something free (you'd think they'd be used to it by the number of free museums they have). Some people even thought they had to give the chocolate back...I did not know what to make of it. It was such a God day!

Wednesday was our National History Museum day.

Thursday we went to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and got to see the Tower of London.

Friday we saw the British Museum.

Saturday was our day of rest. SO GOOD!

Sunday we went to HTB and I was not feeling so we didn't go to Hillsong at night. And I've been writing this post ever since.

Now I'm going to go read the Help. SO GOOD!

Ta ta for now!!!!

Sorry for the abrupt ending. I really wanna finish the Help!

Tanisha



PS: Did I mention that I had a delicious waffle? It was scrumptious!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous Tani!!!! of the museums and the waffle - looks delicious :) Miss you lots, you are missing lots of crazy teacher strike stuff here in BC.

    ReplyDelete