Monday, March 26, 2012

Well, since you asked...

Okay, okay. I know it's been over a month since I've written a blog post. But seriously, who is reading this? There is nothing interesting happening to me at the moment. Things here are going incredibly well. A little TOO well. You'd think that someone was orchestrating this...oh wait. There is.

I keep coming back to this subject because it is literally the one thing that keeps me going day in and day out. GOD.

His mercies are so great and His grace is ever-flowing. I wish I could just count the ways He has blessed me in this journey to London. Everything from making it possible for me to afford to come here, to blessing us with a safe home, to providing me with an incredible two roommates, and then, (best of all!) providing me a church home. One where people are so warm and welcoming and that you cannot help but feel God's love radiated from them.

It just makes me think about how I need to be continually coming from a place of giving and love and building relationships with others. Now, more than ever, do I see a need to welcome people --- to let them know that there is MORE to life than just drinking at a pub on a Saturday night and gyrating on the dance floor with strangers. Life has meaning and a purpose and it can be found through Him alone. We love because he first loved us (1 John 4:19).

I don't know...I could write about what a great time I'm having here in London and what a wonderful city it is live in. I could write about what my job is like and what the kids in my classroom are like. I could bore you with rantings about my weekend adventures and my upcoming trips to different European destinations --- but without the bigger picture, it is just...meaningless.

If you want the real story of what my life in London is like, it begins and ends with God. If you wanted the real story of what my life in Vancouver was like, it began and ended with God.

I just love the fact that no matter where I am in the world, He will not forget me or forsake me. I am His daughter and I am loved unconditionally by the Creator of the universe. I just know my life would be so different without Him and I am so glad that I can come to Him with my fears, wants, desires, thanks, and questions.

Last year I learned that He will never leave me. This year, I am discovering it in an entirely new way.

:)



Psalm 30

1 I will exalt you, LORD,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
2 LORD my God, I called to you for help,
and you healed me.
3 You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
you spared me from going down to the pit.

4 Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people;
praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

6 When I felt secure, I said,
“I will never be shaken.”
7 LORD, when you favored me,
you made my royal mountain[c] stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
I was dismayed.

8 To you, LORD, I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy:
9 “What is gained if I am silenced,
if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me;
LORD, be my help.”

11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
LORD my God, I will praise you forever.





2 comments:

  1. Tanisha! It is so lovely to hear about your adventures! Your faith inspired me: http://jremps.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/psalm-30-the-love-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this post, okay!! And I'm reading your blog, so you better keep writing! This post really truly inspired me, so thank you for writing it, c'est magnifique!!!! to the mAXXX!!

    ReplyDelete