Saturday, February 4, 2012

My First Two Weeks in England

Hello, dear friends!

LOADS has happened since I last wrote this blog from YVR. God has been so good and so wonderful to both Chelsea and I during this trip, it's absolutely amazing! Amazing thing after amazing thing has happened, and God is just to be praised through it all!!!

Apparently people had been here for three weeks and had not found a decent place, but Chelsea and I moved in last Sunday! (Only a few days after arriving in London!) We officially have a London postcode so we can say that we live in the city! Whooooo!!!! And we found two rooms at the top floor of a house for a fairly decent price...people were telling us what a great deal we got. And, I have to say that I LOVE my room (and of course, the purple bedding!)

Who doesn't love a purple, silky bed?


Nathan (who refuses to pose for pictures) has been such a blessing an incredible help. His landlord's are so sweet as well and allowed us to stay with him for a few days. Mona and Sunny have two very cute children and are two of the sweetest people you will ever meet. I don't know what I would have done had we not had made the connections this first week! And did I mention? Mona's cooking is to DIE for!!! Nathan is in good hands!

THEN, to top it all off, we went to Hillsong church last Sunday and what an INCREDIBLE worship experience it was!!! Israel Houghton was in London this week and so it was a special worship service. I had never heard of him, but I have to say that he has a beautiful jazzy/soulful/gospel voice. It was an amazing worship experience! I really have no words to describe it!!! We are going back again tomorrow to get connected into small groups. Please pray that we will find a community to join and have fellowship with!


I think the hero of the story right now is my cousin Nathan, who has gone above and beyond to help Chelsea and I feel settled into London. He has hung out with us (we are such losers, we have no friends!!!) and has introduced us to so many different places and accompanied us on our journey to find a house. He has full-time school and is working 16 hours...I don't know how he does it!!! I have to say, he is definitely someone I have a deep gratitude and respect for. THANK YOU, NATHAN!!!

Chelsea and I spent Saturday being tourist (because, as Chelsea puts it, we are allowed to have 30% ignorance as foreigners) so it was fun day, full of smiles and laughs!!! We got to check out Big Ben and Westminster Abbey as well as the Evensong service that takes place in the Abbey. It was a very lovely experience as choir boys sung hymns and words from the Bible.

(1/2 a brain each with 30% ignorance)


Oh oh! I forgot to tell you about my first day/week of work!!! Well, that shall have to be saved for next time, as it is definitely a story worth recounting!!!

THANK YOU for all of you who prayed for us. God's hand and presence has seen us through this amazing journey and He has been here before us and preparing the way for us. I am so glad that He has seen us through, and keep praying that His hand will continue to guide us through the good days and the not so good! :)

I'll update you soon!

yours truly,

Tanisha

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tanisha, it's so good to read your blog and how you're doing over there and I'm happy to hear about God's blessings! Continue to update us, it's a pleasure to read!

    ReplyDelete