Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Year Was 2013...And She Began to Write Again

This year,
I will see beauty in people I meet.

This year,
I will not let your ugly perceptions of others taint my view of them.

This year,
I will judge less; I will listen more.

This year,
I will take your advice with a pinch of salt.
I can think for myself, thank you very much.

This year,
I will stand up for a cause I believe in.

This year,
I will make some noise.

This year,
I will shout from the rooftops.

This year,
I might get arrested for waking up the neighbourhood at 3am because I was too loud.

This year,
I will give more.
I will be less selfish.
I will support you in any way I can.

This year,
I will communicate better.
(It's a work in progress).

This year,
I will thank you for the compliments.
I will forget the insults.

This year,
I will dance.
I will sing.

This year,
I will make mistakes.
I will learn from them.
I will count on you to love me, despite your advice that I didn't take (because I thought I knew better, thank you very much)

This year,
I will laugh more.
I will pray more.
I will love more.

This year, I will be the best me I can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment